Sunday, November 14, 2010

"To do"

I love lists. I like to write them, cross things off, rewrite and revise. There are so many opportunities to write lists: for the day, for the week, for things that need to be done in the next month. At any given time if you look at my desk you will probably see 2-3 lists going at once!

You can make lists about people too: who you need to talk to, call, or email. I can make lists of places I want to go: China, Vermont, Siberia, Chile. School is most frequent topic of my lists: the paper I need to write, the book I need to read, an assignment that is due. 


Today I found a new list. One I think that will take me a while to cross off. Its in 2 Peter 1:6-8. It says, "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue, knowledge; and to knowledge, temperance; and to temperance, patience; and to patience, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ." 

I think I've found some new things to add to my lists. Lord, give me Your strength to follow after You.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing - I also am a writer of many lists and will need to keep this one in mind as well.

    ReplyDelete