Friday, November 5, 2010

And then....?

"So, you are graduating in December? And then...?"

Those words have been asked multiples times in the last few months. I have yet to be satisfied with my answers.
Two days ago I received yet another letter about up coming graduation. I've received many such letters  this semester reminding me to do various things: order graduation regalia, take the MAPP (exit exam), etc. I think they are ready for me to leave. I've still got 41 days left! I am feeling rushed.
Rewind just three and a half years and you will find me, a scared freshman, tiptoeing shyly around campus. While I still go around somewhat shyly, I no longer tiptoe: I belong here. But as soon as I walk down the aisle of the gym and meet Dr. Beitz half-way across the stage, where will I belong? Not a Southern student anymore. I'll join the multitude of 'alumnus' who return every five years or so to view the progression of knowledge.
Plans for the next year at least are certain: I'll be going with Shama to the Philippine's! We'll spend 10 months teaching and doing clinic in a village together. I like that part of my answer :)! Missions are always a great thing to talk about.

But then...? God knows. I can't wait for Him to tell me!

2 comments:

  1. Allie, I found your blog on Facebook! Wow, it's crazy to think that I was where you are right now about six or seven months ago. It's a scary place to be until you realize God is always in control. I'm praying for the work that you will be doing in the Philippines next semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ali :)...yeah time sure goes fast! What are you doing when your time is up there?

    ReplyDelete