Saturday, November 6, 2010

Plans

I sat at my desk and Shama reclined on the bed.
The Philippines

"So," I began, my pen poised above the paper, "What do we need to do to get ready?"

Between the two of us, we were able to come up with a reasonably coherent plan for fundraising and advertising. We'll have a concert, we decided, and take up an offering. Lovely! Now...who will help us with the concert?

Three or four pieces of paper and about an hour later, we had divided up tasks, projects, and people to contact.  By next week, we concluded, most of the churches should have been contacted and participants in the concert commandeered (we have amazing friends...I am sure no actual force will be needed!). 

With only a limited number of weekends between now and graduation (only 5, to be exact), it was essential to pin down actual dates to do fund-raising. We decided on Nov.20 at Shama's home church down in Georgia, and December 2 at the East Ridge church. 

This is just the first step in the journey, but it has me excited already! God has already worked so many things out, its going to be amazing to see what He does next!

No comments:

Post a Comment