Monday, December 13, 2010

The End


My first day on campus, I drove over the sidewalk and nearly died of mortification.

My first year, I completed a triathlon and ran a half-marathon.

The second year, my sister came :)

The third year, I became a nurse!

I just finished the last semester: a BSN graduate.

No longer does driving over sidewalks embarrass me (in fact
I don't do it anymore because I've learned
where the sidewalks are!).
I've participated in the triathlon many years as I've been at Southern. 
My sister is now going to have a year without me,
as I did without her.

I leave so many things behind: memories, friends, once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Its the end.

But wait!

I take something with me! I take my degree. I take a deeper understanding of what it means to
be a Christian, an Adventist, and what it means to serve. I take memories. While I leave friends
behind, I don't leave behind what they have meant to me. I take away from Southern somthing
I didn't have when I came: a college education and the ability to put it to use.

Now this is my prayer:


  Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.

Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will and make it Thine,
 It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing this! It resonates so much with me. I miss Southern, but learned so much there, just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that song!

    love those memories, especially driving over the sidewalk!!! :D :D

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The end is often just a new begining.

    ReplyDelete