Monday, December 6, 2010

The Day I Lay My Isaac Down

I have a prayer as pure as gold

That where You lead me I will go
And I'll embrace the holy plea
Each time Your Spirit calls to me

And in that hour, and in that time
When I must lose my will in Thine
My true devotion will be found
The day I lay my Isaac down

Each sacrifice You call me to
I'll die to self, I'll live for You 
Take up the cross forsake the crown
The day I lay my Isaac down

Your Lamb of Love Thy blessed friend
Nailed to the alter for each sin
There in my place Your Son was bound
The day You laid Your Isaac down

~ Scott Krippayne

3 comments:

  1. I heard this song sung by Shaila Meharry and was really moved. It is a beautiful prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful song, and Shaila sang it beautifully :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also LOVE this song and heard Shaila sing it. Is there any way to get an accompaniment track for it?

    ReplyDelete