Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Goldfish

1.       It’s a 16 inch glass bowl enclosing two fake plants and I small castle half buried in glass beads. There is only one resident in the castle: a small fish all flashing gold and yellow and flowing fins. It spends its days circling the bowl; forgetting, or perhaps not caring, that it was just on the other side.
I felt like that today, circling round and round in my thoughts: certain one minute, then not.
“God you want me to be here, right? You’ve opened tall the doors! You do? Ok. I give You my life (again), its all Yours.” Peace.
Then…
“I want to go home! I want to hike out this afternoon. I want to see my family and be out of the jungle. I don’t want to hear bugs singing 24/7, sleep with ants, or take another cold shower.”
But wait…
“God, you want me here, right?” And I circle again to the other side of the bowl.
Then comes His promise, sweet and calming as a summer breeze:
“Thou wilt keep Him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee.” Isaiah 26:3
I stop circling, and wait. 

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm. I really like this thoughtful post, Allie! Thanks for sharing! I need to stop circling and just swim for the joy of it!

    ReplyDelete